Thursday 28 March 2019

Big Bird, Mr Snuffleupagus and Little Bird

Here is everybody's favorite 8 foot tall yellow bird, it's Big Bird. I don't like making full body costume puppets unless is a character I created myself so when I make large Sesame Street puppets I make them giant hand puppets instead of costumes. I made this bird in April of 2018. I made him out of a furry yellow throw blanket. I made his legs out of orange polar fleece. The rings on his legs are made from pink feather boas. The hands and beak are made from yellow polar fleece. The head is fleece fabric covered in yellow turkey feathers. I might cover the rest of him in feathers in the near future. I am working on his teddy bear Radar.
Big Bird
I also made his best friend Mr Aloysius Snuffleupagus. He was made from a large furry brown rug. His eyes are stuffed eyes made from cotton fabric. He is very large and very awesome. I was very happy with how Snuffy turned out.
Mr Aloysius Snuffleupagus
And we couldn't forget Big Bird's much smaller friend Little Bird. I made Little Bird in spring of 2018 but never got to use him but thankfully he will be put to some good use on this new show. He is made out of almost all of the same materials as Big Bird
Little Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment